This blog is about science, pseudoscience, manipulation, magic, and outright lies

Monday 14 April 2014

An observation

During yesterdays activity on facebook in relation to my birthday I made an interesting observation. I have friends in a few different places, also I know some people better than other, and although this is not statistically significant I did find that people seem to use facebook differently in different countries.
Many of my Czech friends didn't write on my wall they sent me personal messages instead. Of my Swedish friends even close friends wrote on my wall. It seems like Czech people prefer to write directly to people instead of using the built in facebook option of writing on someone's wall when they have a birthday. I don't know if Czech people are more private or what it might be. But about 50% of my Czech friends who congratulated me wrote private messages and less than 2% of other people.
Concerning my next birthday, number 40, I just want to point out that it is a boring number not worthy of celebration. But 41, that is something different:

No comments: